Mini & Youth
The role of the M&Y Committee is to support the delivery of M&Y rugby across Gloucestershire through:
- Consider and take an informed view on changes, issues and developments that affects M&Y rugby – including (but not limited to)
- Reg 15 implementation and any changes
- The Half Game rule
- The role of competition in M&Y rugby
- The RFUs Kids First approach
- Provide advice and guidance to M&Y Sections on current issues and enduring themes.
- Ensuring a strong communication flow from Club M&Y Sections into the GRFU M&Y Committee and then onto to all stakeholders, including (but not limited to):
- GRFU Management Committee
- Other GRFU Sector Committees
- Associated Referee Societies
- GRFU Discipline Panel
providing an informed voice for M&Y rugby across the GRFU.
- Ensuring strong communication from the RFU/ GRFU into M&Y sections.
- Advocate best practice across M&Y sections - acknowledge it and ensure it is shared widely.
- Support the growth of the game and collaboration between clubs, schools and other bodies.
- Supporting the delivery of governance, safeguarding, competitions and discipline by other GRFU Sector Heads
Throughout our business the M&Y committee will promote and advocate:
- The core values of rugby – teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and
- Coaches, parents and all adults (involved in the game) being child centred and development driven.
- Continuous development and upskilling of coaches.
- Creation of the best possible environment for age grade rugby, so that everyone stays in the game longer.
The M&Y Committee has representatives from every Combination within the GRFU – please do contact them or Tim Ravenscroft (M&Y Sector Head) if you need advice, guidance or wish to raise an issue for consideration by the committee.
Tim Ravenscroft - Chair
Jason Roberts – Drybrook RFC
Graham Stait – Chipping Sodbury RFC
Katie Thomson – Dursley RFC and Matson RFC
Alistair Carter – Chosen Hill FP RFC
Phil Grinnell – Gordon League RFC
Steve Bevan – Cinderford RFC
Richard Evans – Cirencester RFC
Nick Lockett – Chipping Sodbury RFC
Below is a set of links to useful documents for M&Y rugby:
Reg 15 and Age Grade Codes of Practice https://www.englandrugby.com/governance/regulations/
Upskilling coaches & RFU course guidance – which courses are right for you? https://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/MyRugby/Coaches/01/32/52/75/RFUTrainingCourseBooklet_English.pdf
GRFU Playing out of age group (POOAG) page https://gloucestershirerfu.co.uk/playing-out-of-age-group-pooag
GRFU Age Grade Calendar
Club M&Y Tours guidance and permissions https://gloucestershirerfu.co.uk/tours_and_cross_border_matches_with_the_Home_Unions
Quilter Kids First approach https://www.englandrugby.com/my-rugby/players/kids-first-rugby/
Non Perfect Dad https://non-perfectdad.co.uk/